There is an interactive map application to view the faults online and a seperate database search function. Sailing west to reach Asia, Verrazano explored (1524) the North American coast probably from North Carolina to Maine. Several distinguished personalities who have excelled in various fields such as acting, politics, academics and sports have been born and raised in South Carolina. The South Carolina Colony was one of the five Southern Colonies which also included the North Carolina Colony, the Georgia Colony, the Virginia Colony, and the Maryland Colony. The results are in. An online map of United States Quaternary faults (faults that have been active in the last 1.6 million years) is available via the Quaternary Fault and Fold Database. Faults are fractures in Earth's crust where rocks on either side of the crack have slid past each other. Why did North Carolina and South Carolina separate? The San Andreas Fault and the San Francisco Bay Area This image shows San Andreas Lake and Crystal Springs reservoir from the air, looking SouthEast from HERE. KML (Google Earth-type) files and GIS shape files are also available for download from the site. Of those, 16 percent have swept North Carolina and 11 percent have reached South Carolina. Since 1851, 47 hurricanes have made direct hits on North Carolina, and 31 have landed in South Carolina. Faults are subdivided according to the movement of the two blocks. On average, one to two hurricanes make landfall on the U.S. East Coast every year. The highway paralleling the lakes to the left is Interstate 280, ``the most beautiful urban highway in the United States''. The South Carolina Colony was one of the 13 original colonies in America. We need you to answer this question! A fault trace is also the line commonly plotted on geologic maps to represent a fault. There are three or four primary fault types: Normal fault. South Carolina is often referred to as ‘The Palmetto State’ with regard to its state tree (the sabal palmetto). I do believe you can call South Carolina, “Little Hollywood”!

Fault Types Three main types of faults. The 13 original colonies were divided into three regions including the New England Colonies, the Middle Colonies, and the Southern Colonies. On my quest for movies made in South Carolina, I ran into so many that I could not place them all here. 20 Movies You Might Not Have Known Were Filmed In South Carolina.