So on Sunday night News Hub said it had obtained video of Pike River Mine after the fatal explosions in November 2010 that was not shown to the Royal Commission. Director Conon Fraser (Looking at New Zealand) showcases the remarkable DIY resourcefulness required by the small groups of miners. The Sunday night airing of footage of a robot in the Piker River Mine drift along with two Mines Rescue personnel was recklessly misleading.
Coal Valley - This short 1979 National Film Unit documentary heads up the steep bush-clad West Coast valleys from Rūnanga, to profile the men at work at five private coal mines.

Matt Doran (born 22 December 1983) is an Australian journalist.. Doran is currently co-host of Weekend Sunrise.Previously he has been a reporter for the Seven Network's flagship public affairs program, Sunday Night and a reporter and presenter at Network Ten The Sunday night airing of footage of a robot in the Piker River Mine drift along with two Mines Rescue personnel was recklessly misleading. ... obtained more video of the robot inside the Pike River mine. It has almost certainly led to further distress for Pike River families who may have believed something had happened in the drift that had never happened before. Swimmer Mack Horton reveals what happened behind the scenes in South Korea and his reaction to Australia's drug bombshell. Rebecca Macfie, author of Tragedy at Pike River Mine: How and Why 29 Men Died, explains what it means . Pete Evans investigates the world's most controversial plant - cannabis. News Hub said that the video was leaked. It has almost certainly led to further distress for Pike River families who may have believed something had happened in the drift that had never happened before. The Sunday night airing of footage of a robot in the Piker River Mine drift along with two Mines Rescue personnel was recklessly misleading. New footage inside Pike River mine revealed. This week has seen a series of disturbing revelations about the Pike River mine disaster. Since explosions ripped through the Pike River mine on November 19, 2010, families of the 29 men killed have questioned the transparency of investigations into the disaster. Now the families are demanding answers and political parties suspect a cover up.The Government and the Police deny this ... English has responded to the Pike River video released by Newshub on Sunday night.