Based on Jeff VanderMeer's best-selling Southern Reach Trilogy, Annihilation stars Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson, Tuva Novotny and Oscar Isaac. Comment Share. The Wachowski siblings’ The Matrix took the world by storm when it was first released back in 1999. I’m trying to decide what it is about these two movies that I like so much, and what makes them so similar to me. The following list dictates some of the best movies to watch if you love the Natalie Portman-led movie, but since new sci-fi movies have released since this list was published, we thought now was a good time to update it with more recommendations. It literally throws you into another dimension and makes you question what reality even is. by Ben Sherlock; May 22, 2020; Share Tweet Email. Rate this post.

If you like Annihilation Book by Jeff VanderMeer. This was Alex Garland's first film as a director.

8 Meh. Maybe the aliens-that-aren’t-evil thing? August 25, 2018. There’s an inherent problem with mission films like “Annihilation” in that the journey is almost always more engaging and interesting than the destination. Questions make for better art than answers.

If you like. Annihilation is everything we ever wanted and more! Ex Machina. Movies like Arrival and Annihilation? Just like Annihilation, he both wrote and directed it and the result was a critical and box office success. 0. 18 Save. This movie was such a mind-bending and reality flipping experience that we just had to go on the search for films similar to it! 1 Dislike. Movies like Doom: Annihilation If you like "Doom: Annihilation" you are looking for scary, suspense and bleak movies about / with hell, mars, secret laboratory, survival, monster, demon and demons themes of Action, Adventure and Horror genre shot in USA. Maybe the aliens-that-aren’t-evil thing? But just like “Annihilation,” it portrays the human emotion of love as something perhaps not divine, but necessary. Watch 'Annihilation' and 'Mute,' Then Watch These Movies We recommend 12 movies to check out after you watch the new sci-fi films by Alex Garland and Duncan Jones. Find movies like Annihilation and where to watch them.
15 Mind-Boggling Sci-Fi Movies To Watch If You Like The Matrix. Tweet Share Post Bookmark Subscribe A brilliant, thought provoking film, though performed mediocre in box office, critics raved about the film’s intellectual storyline, far away from giant aliens and gore that we commonly see in sci-fi films. There are a few others I've seen that fall under the general umbrella of sci fi movies that make use of interesting ideas or concepts rather than sci fi … Possibly the existential dread of not know what exactly is happening? Add to list. 4.5 / 5. Looking for more movies like Annihilation I've been on a "idea driven sci fi" kick recently, and Annihilation was one of the most interesting movies I've seen in 2018.
Movies like Arrival and Annihilation? IMDb : 69 Blade Runner 2049. A biologist signs up for a dangerous, secret expedition into a mysterious zone where the laws of nature don't apply.