Send a description and images of your Lunokhod 2 lunar rover model to us at Nate@NateDSanders.com. Lunokhod 2 was the second and a monocrystalline-panel-powered of two unmanned lunar rovers landed on the Moon by the Soviet Union as part of the Lunokhod program.

TWEET: Lunokhod-2 rover started its lunar journey on January 16, 1973 The first serious issue with the work of the remote control system during the mission on the satellite was discovered at the 250th session, when the order to stop had to be issued three times before Lunokhod-2, … The Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV) is a battery-powered four-wheeled rover used on the Moon in the last three missions of the American Apollo program (15, 16, and 17) during 1971 and 1972.They are popularly known as "Moon buggies", a play on the words "dune buggy".Built by Boeing, each LRV weighs 460 pounds (210 kg) (on Earth) without payload.
On January 16, 1973, Soviet unmanned lunar rover Lunokhod 2 took its first TV images of the surrounding area, then rolled down a ramp to the surface of the Moon, and took first pictures of the landing site.Lunokhod 2 was the second of two unmanned lunar rovers landed on the Moon by the Soviet Union as part of the Lunokhod programme.

Russian space agency Roskosmos has released an unprecedented scientific report into the lunar rover Lunokhod-2 for the first time, revealing previously unknown details about the rover and how it was controlled back on Earth. Sold for Nearly $15,000. Consign your Lunokhod 2 lunar rover model at Nate D. Sanders Auctions.

Lunokhod 2 was the second of two unmanned lunar rovers landed on the Moon by the Soviet Union as part of the Lunokhod program.
The Luna 21 spacecraft landed on the Moon and deployed the second Soviet lunar rover Lunokhod 2 in January 1973. Lunokhod 2 Lunar Rover Model Circa 1990s.

To see the images with Lunokhod-2 and its tracks on the lunar surface is a very special feeling for me. Launch Date/Time: 1973-01-08 at 06:55:38 UTC On-orbit dry mass: 4850 kg (4.77 long tons) The Luna 21 spacecraft landed on the Moon and deployed the second Soviet lunar rover (Lunokhod 2). In actual fact, this was the first successful mission in which I was involved. The report, written entirely in Russian, was originally penned in 1973 following the Lunokhod-2 mission, which was embarked upon in January … In the time of the Lunokhod-2 operation, I was a young planetologist who was participating in the mission, and I analyzed the images received by the rover’s TV- camers. Nate D. Sanders Auctions has …