overall , life of Brian . God, that's a hard one. It’s one of the funniest but also one of the most profound films ever committed to celluloid. I was exposed to it earlier than Life of Brian, and I find it funnier. but that killer bunny alone pushes Holy Grail to the same place more or less, so I don't know, both are equal I guess. You can't really go wrong between the two of them, but I think I like Life of Brian a little more just because it plays the joke all the way through. Holy Grail is unlike any movie I've ever seen before, with all the animated shorts and skits, the lack of plot (which actually works really well here) and the sudden random editing. I do love The Holy Grail, though. Brian moved more like a regular comedy, with an actually cohesive story and conventional editing. Holy Grail was selected as the second best comedy after Airplane!. If I had to pick, I would probably go with Life of Brian.

In 2016, Empire magazine ranked Holy Grail 18th in their list of the 100 best British films (Life of Brian was ranked 2nd), with their entry stating, "Elvis ordered a print of this comedy classic and watched it five times. Holy Grail is great, but Brian is in a class apart. It’s one of the funniest but also one of the most profound films ever committed to celluloid.

Can you choose whether each quote is from Monty Python's Life of Brian or Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Quiz by Doctor_Arzt If it's good enough for the King, it's good enough for you." Test your knowledge on this movies quiz to see how you do and compare your score to others. Originally published in the Guardian on 30 August 1979: It is possible to go even further in delirious offensiveness than Monty Python's earlier offering, Holy Grail. Even the Pythons themselves have acknowledged Life of Brian as the better film, but considering this isn't a battle of better films, but which one I like more, I have to go with Holy Grail.

They're both wonderfully joyous to watch, but every year I sit down around Christmastime and watch Holy Grail, and to me that's the sign of which one will win. Holy Grail for me, but both are hilarious.