A teenage tour guide who was on Whakaari/White Island when it erupted has been cleared by his medical team for day leave from hospital. Jake Milbank, 19, suffered 80% burns to his body when he was caught in the White Island volcano eruption back in December. Working as a tour guide on the picturesque White Island in New Zealand sounds like a dream come true for ... View this post on Instagram. On Monday last week he was transferred to Waikato Hospital. White Island tour guide survivor Jake Milbank out of hospital, into isolation ... "116 long days ago, my life, along with many others was changed forever," he posted on Instagram today. Jake Milbank is also coated and lying in the bows, staring up at the sky. "During my time in hospital I managed to rack up a whopping 25 trips to the operating room and, … The 19-year-old tour guide was among those rescued, and has spent the last three months in hospital. Jake had been in Auckland’s Middlemore Hospital Intensive Care Unit and then the National Burns Unit, following the eruption on December 9.
Kingi is grim faced, hunched over the wheel. Jake’s father, Steve Milbank, said his son arrived home on Friday “a bit out of the blue”. Jake Milbank was leading a group of tourists when the volcano erupted off the coast of Whakatane in New Zealand on December 9.
A post shared by Jake Milbank (@jake_milbank) on Mar 11, 2020 at 12:03am PDT "The first thing on my list was to go and see this little cutie who hasn't seen me in a whopping 1.8 dog years. At 2:24, Schade took a still of Kingi ferrying passengers to the Phoenix. Jake Milbank suffered burns to 80 per cent of his body when the White Island volcano erupted on December 9 in New Zealand, killing 21 people. 19-year-old Jake Milbank, a White Island tour guide, has been seen for the first time since the volcano erupted on December 9. He was leading a group of tourists around the volcano when it erupted, with the blast claiming the lives of 21 people. ... View this post on Instagram.