2nd Without it, someone new who doesn't know what the nether is should be assisted slightly along with these. If not then I have a theory to offer: mushroom spread. 1st the portals in the nether make sense because where do the others come out at. An active portal is defined as a portal block that does not have another portal block below it, thus only the 2 lowest portal blocks in the obsidian frame are considered. My base is at about x: -2700, z: 800 and spawn is at around x: -300, z: 80. I have to add that the y coordinates as said above are also important if the y distance between the overworld portal and the nether one is too big. The last 2 of these will be a perfect pair. The nether floor in my server is now almost fully composed of mushrooms due to spread. Often, if you are having trouble linking portals, the solution is to move … HighestWriter93, MukiTanuki, I'm gonna have to disagree with both of you. I'm guessing the algorithm doesn't want to spawn a portal on top of a mushroom (which is the entire nether floor except for soul sand and fire) so it just links to one already created. Say you have a Portal in Normal world at (0,64,0) but make a Nether Portal at (127,64,0). So in about 15 seconds, you can travel 1016 blocks. Note that you normally only worry about X and Z, but if portals are close together in the Nether, then Y becomes a factor as well (but it's not divided by 8). I want to build an iron farm in the spawn chunks but my base is almost 3k blocks far from them. 30 Apr 2018 Minecraft Tutorial How to link up Nether portals so you can make your own portal networks Be sure to drop a LIKE if you enjoyed thisnbsp Exactly. Because of the 8:1 reduction of distance in the Nether, it's far more useful to use multiple nether portals to travel long distances in the Overworld, than the other way around. I had a portal in a flying base with y=165 … So I would recomend you build the overworld portal, light it, BUT DONT ENTER, and then go to the nether through another portal, build the nether portal in the right coordinates, light it, and enter to go to the overworld portal. And then you have another Portal in the Normal World at (1016, 64, 0). If one exists, teleport the player to the closest one as determined by a 3D distance in the new coordinate system (including the Y coordinate, which can cause seemingly more distant portals to be selected). How do I link nether portals that aren't in a straight line? But the portal at (0,64,0) will go to the Nether Portal correctly (1-way trip).