Unlike some brakes the power comes very late in the lever travel, so those who prefer a brake to bite instantly might to look elsewhere or go for the regular Tech 3 lever, as the bite point adjustment on that lever should help this. Race Evo E4 takes the performance of the solid all rounder E4 caliper and sheds a few more precision grams without compromising power and modulation; Lightweight alloy Race Evo lever with titanium bolts as standard; Uses post mount, 9.74 caliper with all brake mount options; Caliper and lever machined using 2014 T6 aluminium alloy The Race Evo E4 has plenty of power, but you have to work to get it.
The Hope Race Evo E4 disc fall into both cross-country and trail categories, and since I’ve been trying to trim my Stumpjumper EVO's weight a little I chose these brakes over a burlier option.
The Hope Race Evo E4 disc fall into both cross-country and trail categories, and since I’ve been trying to trim my Stumpjumper EVO's weight a little I chose these brakes over a burlier option.