the difference between good and evil. The state or quality of being good. However, I have heard many times the expression “goodness me!”, which Google confirms exist (and is less used than “my Goodness”): This expression doesn't make any sense to me on the construction. ¡Dios mío! Goodness definition is - the quality or state of being good. I was lead here and I now can see… thank you and may God continue to bless you for being obedient. loc interj locución interjectiva: Unidad léxica estable formada de dos o más palabras que funciona como interjección ("hasta mañana", "a que no"). Learn more. good / goodness good / goodness. Synonyms for goodness at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. You can talk about a person doing good: The charity does a lot of good. The expression “my goodness” always seemed clear to me, as it is a simple bowdlerisation of “my God”, as are many expletives. How to use goodness in a sentence. goodness of fit n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. in the free English-Romanian dictionary and many other Romanian translations. One of the Fruits of the Holy Spirit. Translation for 'goodness me!' Find descriptive alternatives for goodness. A visible attribute of a true Christian life as found in Galatians 5:22-23. Goodness is the quality of being good. The noun good means actions and behaviour that are morally right. ¡Madre mía, hay que ver lo que has crecido! God reminded me later night while in meditation.. surely goodness and mercy will follow me…. Goodness me, you've grown a lot since I last saw you! for goodness’ sake definition: I am surprised or annoyed by this: . You can talk about a person’s goodness: Her goodness … I wanted to understand meaning of goodness and mercy. Moral excellence; virtue.