Page 2 of 2 < Prev 1 2. Haven't messed around since. D'addario NYXLs vs. DR Pure Blues Discussion in ' ... Jul 29, 2016. Sorry you received incorrect information on this. The Pure Blues were nice but lacked something that the Sunbeams have... probably why I migrated away from them to NYXL's. Some say not for high gain or metal though. Aug 2, 2016 #21. Maiden Bass Inactive.
Looking forward to the Sunbeams. The tension was stiffer and the action was higher. DR Pure Blues vs. D'Addario XL Nickel Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by two fingers, Feb 11, 2019. I'm going to bet that most pure nickel wrapped strings are going to sound very similar, regardless of round core or hex core.
I was trying to adjust the guitar to the DR's and just couldn't bond with it. PURE BLUES™ Electric Guitar Strings are constructed with a pure nickel wrap wire on a round core wire to produce a distinctive warm and balanced sound with rich overtones and a vintage vibe.
I threw DR's Pure Blues on my '57 Goldtop that was setup for D'Addario XL 10's. PURE BLUES™ bass strings combine a fat, warm punch with an edge especially designed for the modern bass player. The Pure Blues are old-school pure nickel wrapped strings, as opposed to nickel plated. Hand-wound on round cores for increased flexibility.
Tags: blues; d'addario; dr; nyxl; vs. Pure Blues are nickel round wound over a round nickel core (though I've never specifically read that in the specs they describe them as "pure nickel"). If you like the tone you're getting with the pure nickel (I do, too, pure nickel wrapped strings are all I will use), I'd stick with the nickel and try a few other brands. By combining a new and unique Quantum-Nickel with the highest possible standard in winding techniques, PURE BLUES bass strings achieve an unsurpassed sound and feel. Smooth bending and les wear on frets.
DaveAceofBass said: ↑ Are you saying the NYXLs are higher tension than standard XLs? But for all-round I liked the Sunbeams. I cut them off and threw the D'Addario XL's back on and it went back to "normal". Feb 11, 2007. I normally play nickel in 11's to get the same tension as 10's. As soon as I did, the setup on the guitar was completely off. Nice sound for cleans Blues.