Cyclone Debbie aftermath: economic impact of floods will be ‘devastating’ Staff writers and wires, News Corp Australia Network. "Ului was particularly destructive with a large, thick tree branch having flown into the backyard and nearly striking the house, but luckily school wasn't opening up in a hurry so there was plenty of time to clean up. April 2, 2017 5:11pm. JANE HANSEN, The Sunday Telegraph. Cyclone Debbie aftermath: Lismore floods tear heart out of city business zone. For now though, I thought it would be worthwhile updating my friends back home on what’s been happening here over the past week as whilst UK media has covered aspects of it, it is always worthwhile hearing about it from the source. Heavier falls of over 200mm occurred further south over the Gold Coast hinterland and Scenic Rim, and isolated falls of 600mm were recorded. Aftermath of Cyclone Debbie - A look at some of the destruction wrought by Tropical Cyclone Debbie. Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie in 2017 was the strongest tropical cyclone to strike Queensland since Nathan in 2015, and was the costliest tropical cyclone in Australia since Yasi in 2011.Forming as a tropical low on 23 March, the low gradually intensified to a named tropical cyclone on 26 March. Share this on Facebook. Share this on Twitter . Ex-tropical cyclone Debbie tracked southeast over the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane during the afternoon and evening of Thursday, 30th March. Share this on Facebook. Cyclone Debbie Aftermath I still have blogs to write about my adventures over the last few months, and I will be getting back to those in a few days. April 4, 2017 10:08pm. Cyclone Debbie: The aftermath The Logan River near Beaudesert broke its banks and flooded surrounding areas on March 31, 2017 in Brisbane, Australia. Damaging wind gusts of up to 131 km/h were observed along with widespread falls in excess of 150mm. "I've lived through a few cyclones before Debbie, Ului in 2010, the aftermath of Cyclone Oswald in 2013 and Cyclone Dylan in 2014," he said.