I assume from your question that both the flight's are domestic flights. What you can do during your Amsterdam Schiphol layover depends on a number of factors: Time available between your flights – You need at least 4 hours transit time to comfortably reach the city. You should keep notes for future trips, even if you just jot down a quick 1-5 rating, so that you quickly know if you should spend a layover in that airport again. Almost every airport has an exclusive lounge, but it comes at a cost. However, one of the best hacks airports don’t want you to know is that many credit card companies and airline cards offer free or discounted entry into the lounge!

Spending a few hours in Amsterdam, visiting the 9 Streets, Bloemenmarkt, and discovering the many canals and bikes of Amsterdam. I can save $130 if I purchase 2 one-way tickets instead of a round trip ticket. Check with the airport lounge to see if you can get any discounts! I've done it before. With that layover, could I get off instead of continuing on to the final destination in Vegas? Max says: May 11, 2012 at 11:41 pm. I am a US citizen with a US passport going to Australia through China with an 18 hour layover. Salt Lake City is where I would need to get off. I spent a few days in Hong Kong and then Singapore for a holiday. Additionally, plan ahead. The flight plan is, depart: SLC to Puerto Vallarta/return: Puerto Vallarta to Las Vegas with a 1 hour 20 min layover in SLC.

How to spend a layover in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Heather Yamada-Hosley Posts Twitter Can I board in ORD without issue?

I found that a return ticket YYZ-HKG-SIN returning SIN-NRT-YYZ was actually cheaper than an open jaw YYZ-HKG returning SIN-NRT-YYZ. Depending on how much time you have, I’ll break down if it’s worth leaving the airport to explore Amsterdam. Can I leave the airport to explore the city and get a hotel room? How about a one-way return DTW, ORD, LA. Best things to do on a layover in Amsterdam. Answer 1 of 9: If I book a one-way flight from LA to ORD with a layover in DTW, I can get off in DTW no problem, right?