postpone; linger; remain; stay: Wait with me for the bus. Mom can't wait for the flowers to bloom and brighten up our yard. : I will write more in due course about the project and post some pictures, which I can't wait to do. Can't wait definition is - to be very excited about doing something or eager for something to happen or begin. Can't Wait synonyms, Can't Wait pronunciation, Can't Wait translation, English dictionary definition of Can't Wait. Look it up now! (one) can't wait One is very excited or eager for something to happen; it will be difficult for one to wait for it. Find another word for wait. I can't wait to see you and the girls—it's been way too long! Can't wait definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Cherchez i can't wait et beaucoup d’autres mots dans le dictionnaire de synonymes anglais de Reverso. : I can't wait to begin reading it as I love all of your other books and comics I have seen so much! How to use can't wait in a sentence. 10 synonyms of wait from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 20 related words, definitions, and antonyms. See you tomorrow! Can't wait! The 40-year-old is confined to a wheelchair, but can't wait to try his dad's invention. Wait: to remain in place in readiness or expectation of something. The phase can be used as part of a sentence or by itself as an exclamation.