In describing the honourable mission I charged him with, M. Pernety informed me that he made my name known to you. Sophie Germain, French mathematician who contributed notably to the study of acoustics, elasticity, and the theory of numbers. 1 quote from Sophie Germain: 'In describing the honourable mission I charged him with, M. Pernety informed me that he made my name known to [author:you|1057024]. It matters little who first arrives at an idea, rather what is significant is how far that... - Sophie Germain quotes at AZquotes.com

Votes: 4 Algebra is but written geometry and geometry is but figured algebra.

As a girl Germain read widely in her father’s library and then later, using the pseudonym of M. Le Blanc, managed to obtain lecture notes for courses from the newly — Carl Friedrich Gauss. Sophie Germain proved to the world that even a woman can accomplish something in the most rigorous and abstract of sciences and for that reason would well have deserved an honorary degree. Quoted in G. Waldo Dunnington, Carl Friedrich Gauss: Titan of Science (2004), 68. Sophie Germain proved to the world that even a woman can accomplish something in the most rigorous and abstract of sciences and for that reason would well have deserved an honorary degree." Sophie Germain Quotes. “ It matters little who first arrives at an idea, rather what is significant is how far that idea can go ” Enjoy the top 3 famous quotes, sayings and quotations by Sophie Germain.