Travel Dates. Australia & the Pacific - Great Barrier Reef snorkeling vs Fiji snorkeling for a 2 week honeymoon? The Great Sea Reef, locally known as Cakaulevu is the world’s third longest continuous barrier reef system or the third longest reef in the southern hemisphere. We are full service travel agency providing our clients with best vacation experience within the budget. Call us 917-763-0490. When combined with the nearby Pascoe Reef, Cakaulevu Reef is about 200 kilometres (120 mi) long. - Hi Everyone! Hi everyone, My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon (we are from melbourne) and are wondering whether we should go north to the great barrier reef (ie either whitsundays or port douglas) or overseas to fiji. Answer 1 of 4: Hi everyone, My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon (we are from melbourne) and are wondering whether we should go north to the great barrier reef (ie either whitsundays or port douglas) or overseas to fiji. Enjoy diving for the first time – the easy way! Trip Length. Many are unaware of its existence, eclipsed as it is by its famous Australian cousin - yet it stretches unbroken for an astonishing 200 kilometres. 09/01/2020 through 01/13/2021. The Great Barrier Reef Castaway Island, Fiji May 7--16, 1999 THE BIG PICTURE After leaving the Elderhostel group in Sydney (see previous trips to Australia and New Zealand, 1999) we flew to Cairns and took a "fast boat" out to the Great Barrier Reef for four days on a dive ship. Great Barrier Reef's islands are simply enchanting, with the choice of over 100 islands from unique and exotic islands to the world famous Whitsundays.

In Fiji, enjoy sightseeing and time at leisure. Leaving from: ARRIVE IN CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA–PORT DOUGLAS. The Great Barrier Reef is a distinct feature of the East Australian Cordillera division. The Great Astrolabe Reef is one of the largest barrier reefs in the world and encompasses Kadavu Island, Ono Island and other small islands within a natural protective lagoon.
If you're into diving,then the Great Barrier Reef will meet all your needs.You can dive off many places from the coast but you should check out the Whitsunday Islands.You can base yourselves on the mainland at Airlie Beach and tour the reefs and islands or you can stay on the islands which are much more expensive. The cheapest way to get from Great Barrier Reef to Fiji costs only $390, and the quickest way takes just 12¾ hours. The GSR runs for over 200km from the north eastern tip of Udu point in Vanua Levu to Bua at the north west edge of Vanua Levu, across the Vatuira passage, veering off along the way to … having been to neither before, and reading about the beauty of … Great Barrier Reef & Sydney with Fiji 2020. Great Barrier Reef Islands. Booking Dates. See the reef the best way – up close and personal – by diving right in. European and South America Tours. Returning to: CORAL COAST–NADI. having been to neither It is the third longest continuous barrier reef in the world after the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and the Mesoamerican Reef off Central America. Tour Operator: Monograms. In Cairns, take a high-speed catamaran to the Great Barrier Reef, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Hi everyone, My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon (we are from melbourne) and are wondering whether we should go north to the great barrier reef (ie either whitsundays or port douglas) or overseas to fiji. 05/15/2020 through 01/01/2021.