Billy Slater has broken down thanking his wife for her support in overcoming a career-threatening injury to help him once again reach the top of rugby league. Smith left the field early in the second half and did not return as a precaution, with early signs pointing to a suspected slight pectoral strain. Two days ago, Billy was having, "one of the best days of surfing in my life," bagging 15-foot face, 20-second barrels with three of his friends. Billy Slater will not however play a part in Storm’s first match against the Bulldogs. Its a pleasure watching him play. Key points: Slater was officially given green light for Origin I, but reports on Monday said a hamstring complaint had cost him; Darius Boyd expected to be recalled to squad to replace Slater Slater missed the 2016 grand final loss against the Sharks due to a shoulder injury but managed to overcome the career-threatening injury to claim … Cameron Smith and Billy Slater will both be assessed during the week after picking up injuries during Saturday night’s 20-16 win over Canberra. part ||| will we see billy slater back in a maroon jersey for origin 2? The injured Melbourne Storms fullback, who lost almost two seasons due to two consecutive injuries on the same shoulder, will make his comeback next month in the … GREG Inglis will be installed as Queensland’s fullback for Origin I amid revelations Storm custodian Billy Slater is set to be sidelined for six to eight months with a fresh shoulder injury. ultra consistent 100% effort every game he plays (16/08/2015) Billy Slater of the Maroons is tackled during game two of the State of Origin series between the New South Wales Blues and the Queensland Maroons. Despite his season-ending shoulder injury, Billy Slater’s career will not end at just 278 games. Queensland fullback Billy Slater will miss Wednesday’s State of Origin opener in Melbourne due to a hamstring injury.

in my own words tracks billy's ascent from the junior leagues to his debuts with the melbourne storm and queensland state of origin sides, and the crushing injury which kept him out of the game for almost 2 years. Until, on the final wave of a 10-hour session, Billy bogged on a low-tide drainer, got knocked out and injured his right hip, saying he'd "never been hit so hard in his life."
Manu says: Billy Slater is by far the best fullback in the game over a number of years. What a talent! Queensland veteran Billy Slater is out of the opening State of Origin clash at the MCG after picking up a hamstring injury in training. The Maroons veteran struggled to recover from a … (02/12/2013) Anonymous says: billy slater is the best fullback in the game ever.!!!